Resin Bound Aggregate – Addagrip
Renovation Surface For Light Vehicle Parking
Addagrip terrabase rustic system
Willowbrook has been providing and installing resin surfacing for over a decade. The demand for installations has grown significantly in the last 2 years.
With the demand increase, the company has actively searched for a resin surfacing partner to help develop our service provision and provide insightful technical support. In addition to the traditional fine particulate resin products, ADDADGRIP have patented a minimum / no dig system using a 6-10mm aggregate mix. The surface is SUDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage System) compliant whilst offering significant cost savings on preparation time over conventional systems; full integrity is maintained.
Willowbrook invited ADDAGRIP to trial the system, using the opportunity as a training and accreditation exercise.
- The existing loose surfacing was removed and the old MOT type 3 sub-base adjusted and compacted.
- Excess concrete haunching was removed to ensure a consistent installation depth (40-mm. overall).
- The Terrabase Geofabric membrane was spread evenly across the area.
- Addagrid matrix tiles made from high-density polyethylene were laid in a brick formation.
- Rustic Red 6-10mm aggregate resin mix was then trowelled over the top.
- Fine glass grit thinly distributed over the surface to improve grip during the resin set phase.