Millboard Garden Decking
Millboard Garden Decking – Outdoor Space Renovation
Turning a mediocre garden into an inspiring area using millboard composite decking
“The existing softwood decking was slippery when wet and was difficult to keep clean. The clients wanted a more contemporary finish with low maintenance, which was not hazardous when wet. We recommended a composite material known as Millboard. It has all the characteristics of traditional wooden decking, with none of the associated problems, providing a high quality, durable and attractive finish.”
- Removal of the existing balustrade and softwood decking boards
- Installation of Millboard decking and a stainless steel/ cable safety rail.
- Construction of secondary matching balcony
- Stabilisation of the embankment at the edge of the stream with a hessian matting, which was seeded/ planted into.
- New paved area using Indian Sandstone and Drivesett blocks.
- New planting and gravel border to patio section.
The gallery below maps out the transition from before work commenced, through the building stage all the way to completion and plant bloom.
Long lasting, hardwaring millboard composite material
In this project we have used millboard to replace a decked walking and seating area previously constructed with traditional wooden decking beams.
Millboard is a relatively new composite material that offers the appeal of traditional outdoor surfaces with a list of added bonuses.
- The material is guaranteed for 25 years in traditional outdoor conditions
- Non-slip, high traction surface
- Exteremly low maintenance (wash clean)
- Does not rot or decay unlike wood products
- Join and fixing areas self seal
- Splinter free, resists impact, stains, algae and mould
- Large range of textures and styles
How much does Millboard Cost?
On a project material based cost, traditional length beams are in the region of 4 times as much as traditional decking. In order to keep your wooden surfaces looking smart and fresh you have to regulary (annually) clean and treat it. With millboard you are able to dispense with these tasks; your surface will always have that fresh, clean look.